Kronos offers automated staffing solution for manufacturersJuly 22, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Workforce scheduling has unique challenges, particularly in the manufacturing industry where matching worker qualifications to the specific job, ensuring regulatory and union compliance, and keeping track of employee skills and certifications all factor into the scheduling.
Companies that use manual scheduling often experience errors that negatively affect productivity, revenue and compliance. Kronos has a solution for manufacturers — one designed to help ensure that the right employees are scheduled at the right time to keep operations running smoothly and, most importantly, safely.
The automated staffing solution is rich with features that simplify even the most complex manufacturing scheduling tasks:
- Compliance: The solution supports user-defined compliance rules and applies those rules when staffing decisions are made. Manufacturers can now better manage compliance and safety risks by scheduling only the most qualified labour resources for the job. It allows them to create schedules that adhere to union, HR and other organizational policies.
- Scheduling: It allows users to pre-build schedules and rosters, track employee certifications and qualifications, and automatically relay scheduling communications.
- Control labour costs: Manufacturers can now maintain accurate staffing levels and avoid over- and under-staffing. This will lower administrative costs through increased efficiency, and enable plant managers to focus on productivity and quality. It also enables more efficient ”on-the-fly” staffing for managers.
- Notification: The advanced scheduling and communication functionality ensures the right employees are contacted in the correct order. Plus, all communications are automatically documented.
- Overtime: Overtime positions are automatically assigned based on the user’s pre-set rules. Employees are notified in entitlement order, and all employee overtime activity is tracked for auditing purposes.
- Bidding: Position, shift and vacation bidding is automated for the most fair and equitable schedules. Managers can set up online auctions and employees can bid on or choose slots.
- Mobile scheduling: Managers and employees can complete a wide range of scheduling-related and administrative tasks on a tablet or smartphone.
- Self-service: Employees can process requests, review notifications, view schedules, sign up for overtime, conduct shift trades and more via phone, Web, tablet or mobile device.
- Reporting: Extensive labour and management reports help manufacturers make accurate decisions based on in-depth insight and real-time scheduling data.
The Kronos Workforce TeleStaff for Manufacturing staffing solution helps ensure that the right employees are scheduled at the right time to keep operations running smoothly. For more information, contact Kronos.