Joystick controller ideal for demanding conditionsMarch 20, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Penny + Giles’ new multi-axis joystick controller enables use in extreme heavy-duty applications without compromising on smooth proportional control. The JC8000 electronic joystick, available through Durham Instruments, is designed for demanding operator control applications in off-highway vehicles, where extreme strength, reliability and handle functionality are critical.
The joystick controller is available with one- or two-axis configurations and is supplied with a non-contact Hall effect sensing system for maximum operational life. It features a high strength lever mechanism, but with a low under-panel depth of 70 mm. The compact size and superb proportional control are ideal for applications in physically demanding working conditions, such as skid-steer loader controls in the construction industry.
Key features of the JC8000 controller are:
- Rugged design with superior lever strength;
- Single- or dual-axis control;
- Range of ergonomic handle designs;
- Hall Effect sensing;
- Analog or Digital (PWM or CAN bus J1939) outputs;
- Sealed above panel to IP66 (depending on handle selection);
- Superb proportional control; and
- Easily installed and interchangeable with models JC600 and JC6000 because it has the same panel mounting details and shares the same range of handles and grips.
To learn more, contact Durham Instruments. The Pickering, Ont.-based company has more than 30 years of experience in the instrumentation field, and provides expert solutions and specialized knowledge to assist customers in the aerospace, automotive, industrial and research fields.