IPEX Inc. lineup of thermoplastic valves designed for reliabilityFebruary 6, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Quality. Performance. Reliability. These three words are how IPEX describes its comprehensive range of thermoplastic valves.
With more than 50 years of design and manufacturing experience, IPEX says its lightweight, long-life, maintenance-free valves will save customers time and money thanks to a high-tech automated manufacturing and testing facility, which ensures unparalleled reliability for each and every valve.
Its lineup includes ball valves, butterfly valves, diaphragm valves, check and vent valves, as well as specialty valves. Whether required for isolation, diversion, control or throttling, IPEX has many solutions to meet customer requirements:
- Ball valves are generally used for on/off service, and can range from simple moulded-in-place construction to high-end industrial designs with many features and benefits.
- Butterfly valves can be used for simple on/off service, but also for processes requiring precise throttling.
- Diaphragm valves are the perfect solution when precise flow throttling is required. The weir style design — no dead space in the valve — is ideal for abrasive slurries. These valves are widely used in high-purity applications because their design prevents friction and subsequent particle creation when cycling.
- Check valves should be used whenever there is a need to prevent back-flow of process media. This may be when two incompatible fluids cannot be allowed to mix, or when reverse flow would cause undesirable drainage of a system line or tank. Air release valves safely allow any entrapped air or gas to escape, avoiding damage to the piping system.
- IPEX offers several specialized valves for a variety of process requirements. Sediment strainers trap suspended particles flowing in the process line, ensuring that downstream components are protected. Solenoids are ideal for high-cycle applications where remote operation and precise control are important. Lab valves are an economical solution for small-scale on/off requirements.
- Automation is an ideal solution for precise control of many valves in a system, when valves are remotely located, or when the process requires constant monitoring and adjustment. To allow for automation, pneumatic and electric actuators can be easily fitted on IPEX ball, multi-port and butterfly valves.
IPEX thermoplastic valves are part of the company's complete systems of pipes, valves and fittings. For more information on its comprehensive line of valves, contact IPEX Inc.