Innovative fastening system offers many advantagesJune 23, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Gould Fasteners can supply the new range of NeoSpeed rivets from Avdel, a Stanley Engineered Fastening company. These innovative rivets feature a newly developed blind fastening system, with a unique splined rivet design that is patented.
Key features and advantages
The NeoSpeed riveting system offers many benefits. These include:
- Increased manufacturing throughput that is up to four times greater than traditional threaded or breakstem fasteners;
- Rapid installation;
- Improved quality;
- Easier inspection;
- No metal waste;
- Enhanced joint performance for less weight and size;
- Lower assembly costs;
- Multi-grip capability that accommodates wide variations in material thickness;
- A hole size tolerance that is three times greater than standard breakstem rivets;
- An enlarged front sheet hole for easier and quicker assembly, which also avoids misalignment issues;
- Hole-filling external splines that fill rear sheet and oversize front sheet holes, as well as misaligned holes;
- Reduced energy consumption; and
- Decreased sensitivity — they are far less sensitive to application variations.
Fastening system details
These rugged units are made from aluminium, steel and A4 stainless steel (316), with various finishes available. Three sizes are also available, ranging from 3.2 to 4.8 millimetres (⅛ to 3/16 inches).
They are ideal for use in a variety of industries and applications. For example, they can be used in the automotive sector for air bags, seat and trim. They can also be used in the electronics industry for computer cabinets and solar panels.
To learn more about the NeoSpeed riveting system, contact Gould Fasteners.