Industrial O rings come in many varieties from Daemar’s inventoryNovember 28, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Daemar Inc. offers one of the widest selections of essential components in the Canadian market. This unsurpassed range of products comprises retaining, sliding, protective, and aligning items, as well as sealing units. The last category includes 13 varieties of industrial O rings, as well as custom extrusions and pack programs. These O rings are available in 349 standard inch sizes, as set up by the Society of Automotive Engineers.
Standard and custom units
Industrial O rings are more popular than any other seals today. Simple in concept, they can be highly sophisticated in their applications; workers can use them as double-acting seals, for example. O rings are economical and easy to install, and they can seal pressures higher than 5,000 pounds per square inch in both static and dynamic applications.
For sizes outside the standards, Daemar offers customized industrial O rings as well. The full lineup consists of the following:
- Aflas (TFE) – a beneficial combination of high-temperature, chemical, and electrical resistance.
- Backup – washer-like components that stop seals from extruding through gaps when under pressure.
- Buna (Nitrile) – resistance to many liquids, high tensile strength, high elongation, low compression set, and resistance to abrasion and tear.
- Custom vulcanized – tailored to specific application needs.
- EPDM (ethylene propylene) – high tensile strength, elongation, high low-temperature flexibility, and good heat aging.
- HSN-80 – better than NBR in low-brittle temperature, oil, and heat, with high resistance to sour gasoline and ozone.
- Kalrez – resists more than 1,800 chemicals, with high-temperature stability.
- Metallic – prevents gas or fluid leakage under adverse sealing conditions.
- PTFE encapsulated – for harsh sealing environments, reducing downtime wherever corrosive fluids or gases can cause premature seal failure.
- Quad-rings – great sealing characteristics for many applications.
- Silicone – high resistance to temperature extremes and dry heat.
- Teflon – ideal for high temperatures or corrosive liquids or gases. Impervious to harsh chemicals, acid, and gases. Fabricated according to military specifications.
- Viton (fluorocarbon) – high-temperature stability; resists chemicals, petroleum, weathering, ozone, and oxygen.
For more information, contact Daemar.