HOLZ piping expansion joints are perfect for industrial piping systemsApril 16, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
A major distributor of industrial products, Northern Industrial Supply Company (NISCO) is Canada’s supplier of expansion joints by HOLZ Rubber Company. A top American manufacturer of rubber products, HOLZ produces four types of these joints – including piping expansion joints.
HOLZ manufactures three main series of piping expansion joints: Series 300, 320, and 320EZ. These joints are designed for use in piping systems and particularly recommended for applications involving heavy noise or vibration or with exposure to corrosion.
Taking all possibilities into consideration
Available from NISCO, HOLZ piping expansion joints are built to deal with every scenario and environment that may come up, with all possibilities considered. Although small, these joints can have a significant effect on operations. Each one is customized to accommodate all of the user’s requirements to suit the application.
HOLZ produces seven designs of piping expansion joints:
- Hand-Crafted Elastomeric. Ideal for applications with vibration or high shock, as these joints absorb motion and displacement between pipe flanges. Can handle temperatures as high as 145 degrees Celsius.
- Hand-Built Pressure, with Tire-Industry Technology. Perfect choice for high abrasion conditions and high flow speed. Polyester tire cord with modified arch construction means better performance. Stronger, safer, and more flexible that traditional hand-built joints.
- Lightweight. Recommended for compression, extension, lateral, angular deflection and torsional movements. Can handle temperatures of up to 105 degrees Celsius for Buna-Nitrile and 145 Celsius for EPDM. Needs lighter anchoring and less reinforcement.
- Molded. Also has polyester tire cord with modified arch construction. Can withstand heat of up to 145 degrees Celsius. Available in Nitrile or EPDM, or with Teflon lining.
- Floating Flange Rubber. Ideal for high pressure, vacuums, corrosion, or vibration. Can handle temperatures from -10 to 135 degrees Celsius.
- Vibration Dampener. Recommended for discharge and suction sides of pumps with turbulence or full vacuum service. Non-metallic vibration dampeners reduce vibration and noise in connecting pumps, compressors, and other operating equipment.
- Molded PTFE. Compensates for movement and abates noise in extremely corrosive environments. Includes control rod units with lock nuts to reduce axial elongation.
To learn more, contact NISCO.