Hi-Tech Duravent offers hose products that meet FDA material requirementsApril 30, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Hi-Tech Duravent is a major supplier of flexible hoses for the Canadian industrial market. These hoses have many great features, from abrasion resistance to bending abilities. Another advantage of certain hoses is that their materials comply with the strict standards of the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Hoses used for applications in the agriculture, food-processing, and pharmaceutical sectors need to meet very high quality standards, and Hi-Tech Duravent produces the best.
Five kinds of FDA-approved hoses
Hi-Tech Duravent makes five types of flexible hoses for FDA applications:
- UFD Clear. Built out of thermoplastic polyurethane reinforced with a wire helix, this hose has excellent resistance to abrasion and flex fatigue. Withstands higher pressure and vacuums than standard ducting can and allows location of blockages. Available with cuffed ends and inner diameters ranging from 3″ to 12″.
- CVD Clear. High-performance hose made of polyvinylchloride reinforced with a wire helix. An efficient alternative to most ducting solutions, with extra flexibility and tight bending characteristics. Available with a lighter wall and inner diameters ranging from 3″ to 10″.
- SDH Clear. A specially formulated thermoplastic urethane hose, reinforced with a plastic helix and copper grounding wire. Smooth interior, inherent static dissipation, abrasion resistance, and extra flexibility. Also free of fillers, halogens, and surface oils. Available with screw-on cuffs and several different inner diameters; ¾” and 1″ diameters have no static wire, while six other diameters from 1¼” to 4″ do.
- UFD-SD Clear. Recommended for grain-dust collection and powder or flour handling, this is also constructed out of specially formulated static dissipative thermoplastic polyurethane with a wire helix. Inherent static dissipation, abrasion resistance, and extra flexibility. Also free of fillers, halogens, and surface oils. Available with inner diameters ranging from 3″ to 10″.
- RFH White. Made of white thermoplastic rubber reinforced with a wire helix. Top chemical resistance, with no cement, glue, or adhesives used in the manufacturing process. Available with cuffed ends and inner diameters ranging from 1¼” to 24″.
All of these flexible hoses are available in 25- or 50-foot lengths.
To learn more, contact Hi-Tech Duravent.