Heavy-duty vertical surface machines by Ohio Broach get top resultsOctober 26, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
For the best broaching machines on the market, businesses across North America trust The Ohio Broach & Machine Company. Not only does Ohio Broach perform top broaching services; it also designs, constructs, and sells six types of broaching machinery for various applications. This includes a line of heavy-duty vertical surface broaching machines.
Built at the company’s Ohio facility, these vertical surface broaching machines each have a five-ton capacity, with strokes ranging from 24 to 54 inches.
Long service life and durability
These heavy-duty machines by Ohio Broach come in machine-tool grey or vista green as standard colours, although other colours are available upon request. The standard voltage is 220/240, 3 phase, 60 Hertz, with alternative voltages available too.
Notable features of Ohio Broach’s vertical surface broaching machines include the following:
- Hardened and ground steel ways. Ohio Broach uses high carbon steel to build the machine ways for this equipment series. First, the steel is hardened and tempered; then the manufacturers grind it to closely controlled tolerances; this ensures long service life and durability.
- Precision ram slide. The company produces ram slides from close-grain, high-tensile, cast iron material. The surfaces are scraped by hand to achieve a precise fit and then flaked for the highest lubrication penetration.
- Lubrication system. All of Ohio Broach’s heavy-duty broaching machines use pressurized, individual point lubrication, with no “tree-type” lube circuits. Among the standard system features are low-reservoir-level indication, anti-start interlocking when the machine is in automatic control mode, and high-pressure indication for detecting an impaired normal flow condition.
- Hydraulics. This machine uses a high-performance, fixed-displacement, vane pump in tandem with other valves and controls, which forms the basis of the standard machine drive system. This type of system has a reliable open-loop design, with the pumps and valves mounted on a standalone hydraulic reservoir.
- Machine frame. Ram-slide and table sub-assemblies are mounted upon a rigid base weldment, of which the lower portion serves as a coolant reservoir for the machine. This allows for a compact design that uses up a minimum of floor space.
For more information, contact Ohio Broach.