Heavy-duty vertical surface machines by Ohio Broach get top resultsOctober 26, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
For the best broaching machines on the market, businesses across North America trust The Ohio Broach & Machine Company. Not only does Ohio Broach perform top broaching services; it also designs, constructs, and sells six types of broaching machinery for various applications. This includes a line of heavy-duty vertical surface broaching machines.
Built at the company’s Ohio facility, these vertical surface broaching machines each have a five-ton capacity, with strokes ranging from 24 to 54 inches.
Long service life and durability
These heavy-duty machines by Ohio Broach come in machine-tool grey or vista green as standard colours, although other colours are available upon request. The standard voltage is 220/240, 3 phase, 60 Hertz, with alternative voltages available too.
Notable features of Ohio Broach’s vertical surface broaching machines include the following:
- Hardened and ground steel ways. Ohio Broach uses high carbon steel to build the machine ways for this equipment series. First, the steel is hardened and tempered; then the manufacturers grind it to closely controlled tolerances; this ensures long service life and durability.
- Precision ram slide. The company produces ram slides from close-grain, high-tensile, cast iron material. The surfaces are scraped by hand to achieve a precise fit and then flaked for the highest lubrication penetration.
- Lubrication system. All of Ohio Broach’s heavy-duty broaching machines use pressurized, individual point lubrication, with no “tree-type” lube circuits. Among the standard system features are low-reservoir-level indication, anti-start interlocking when the machine is in automatic control mode, and high-pressure indication for detecting an impaired normal flow condition.
- Hydraulics. This machine uses a high-performance, fixed-displacement, vane pump in tandem with other valves and controls, which forms the basis of the standard machine drive system. This type of system has a reliable open-loop design, with the pumps and valves mounted on a standalone hydraulic reservoir.
- Machine frame. Ram-slide and table sub-assemblies are mounted upon a rigid base weldment, of which the lower portion serves as a coolant reservoir for the machine. This allows for a compact design that uses up a minimum of floor space.
For more information, contact Ohio Broach.