Heavy-duty vertical broaching machine ideal for demanding applicationsOctober 18, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Ohio Broach & Machine Company manufactures a line of heavy-duty vertical surface broaching machines, complete with many durable features for a long service life in demanding environments.
- Hardened steel construction: The machine ways for the company’s heavy-duty vertical surface broaching machines are made of hardened and tempered high carbon steel that has been ground to closely controlled tolerances.
- Reliable hydraulics: A high-performance fixed-displacement vane pump is used in conjunction with other valves and controls to form the basis of the standard machine drive system. The pumps and valves are mounted on a standalone hydraulic reservoir.
- Advanced lubrication system: Pressurized, individual point lubrication is used on these models. The system features low reservoir level indication, anti-start interlocking in automatic control mode, and high pressure indication for detecting an impaired normal flow condition.
- Rugged ram slide: The ram slides are manufactured from close-grain, high-tensile, cast-iron material. The surface is hand-scraped for a precise fit and then flaked for maximum lubrication penetration.
- Sturdy, compact frame: The ram slide and table sub-assemblies are mounted on a rigid base weldment. The lower portion of this weldment serves as a coolant reservoir for the machine, which allows the machine to be compact, taking up less precious plant floor space.
In addition to the unit’s many standard features, a wide variety of options are available to customize the machine to each user’s needs. Additional colours are available, beyond the standard machine tool grey and vista green. Additional voltages are also available, beyond the standard 220/240, three-phase, 60 Hz. Optional tables may be added, including platen-type, tip back and infeed shuttle types. In addition, the manual-type work-holding fixture clamping operations may be upgraded to include air/oil power clamping or auxiliary hydraulic clamping. A chip removal conveyor and operator platform may also be added to any model.
For additional details, contact Ohio Broach & Machine Company.