Friction fit plugs by MOCAP are the right choice to protect fittings from damageMay 6, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
MOCAP remains one of North America’s premier manufacturers and suppliers of rubber, plastic, and vinyl protective items for workplace applications. A popular choice from the company is its line of industrial friction fit plugs, designed specifically to protect fittings and threads from moisture, contamination, and other damage during production, shipping, and storage. MOCAP offers these units in a broad variety of designs, colours, and sizes to fulfill different user needs.
Standard or metric holes
Industrial friction fit plugs are available in seven different designs:
- Barrel plugs with flange – General-purpose plugs with high flexibility that allows them to fit into a wide range of threaded and non-threaded sizes and styles of tubing. They are easy to remove and apply, and their convex bodies hold them in place.
- Flexible vinyl insertion plugs – MOCAP designs these versatile plugs to fit pipes, holes, and masking; they also serve as an inexpensive substitute for rubber plugs. Recommended for protecting valves, pumps, cylinders, or tubing in assembly, shipping, or masking.
- General-purpose plugs for Type L and M tubing – These industrial friction fit plugs are constructed for applications in which the plug’s outer diameter must be less than that of the tubing. Usually used for pressure and water-supply tasks.
- Sheet metal hole plugs – Polyethylene plugs with three different designs: flush plugs for standard holes; flush plugs for metric holes; and recessed plugs for standard holes. Recommended for capping plug holes on appliances, cars, tanks, or cabinets.
- Tapered plugs for Type K tubing – These plug and protect copper tubing, with a reinforced cross bracing for a secure fit and a slight pull-tab that makes removal easy. Thirteen sizes available.
- Tapered plugs for Type L and M tubing – Similar to the previous, for different tubing types. Eleven sizes available.
- Tube plugs – These plastic plugs have multiple horizontal ribs that allow for easy installation and secure fitting on multiple tube gauges with built-in flexibility. Constructed to fit standard and metric sizes of round, square, or rectangular tubes. A common choice for furniture, tubular racks, appliances, and exercise equipment.
For more information, contact MOCAP.