Friction fit caps offer easy installation and removalAugust 10, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
MOCAP's line of friction fit caps are designed to protect threads and fittings from moisture, contamination and damage during production, shipping and storage. Their non-threaded, friction fit design enables them to easily slide into place, yet be removed with little effort. A variety of styles, shapes and colours are available to suit any requirement.
The lineup includes:
- Flanged plastic caps: These caps are designed to protect threads with and without o-rings. The natural colour of the caps allows visual verification of the o-ring or threads.
- Tear tab plastic caps: Ideal to use as shipping caps, end caps, pipe caps, product protection and thread protectors, these caps easily and securely fit over threaded tubing, rods and fittings. Inner rings lock the cap onto threads until the cap is removed by pulling the easy grip tab and breaking the seal.
- Straight plastic caps: These caps are designed to fit over threaded and non-threaded tubing, rods and fittings, forming a snug friction fit. They are ideal for use as shipping caps, end caps, pipe caps, product protection, paint protection and thread protectors.
- Pipe caps: Designed to fit many different styles and sizes of threaded pipe ends, these caps can secure Metric, BSP and NPT threads from damage and contamination during transit, handling and storage.
- Paper straight caps: Made of recyclable paper, these environmentally friendly caps are an economical masking solution designed for low- to high-temperature applications.
- Round vinyl plastic caps: These units offer an attractive finished appearance to consumer and industrial products, while providing protection. They can be used as end caps, pipe caps, tube caps or for appearance finishing.
- Square vinyl plastic caps: These tough yet flexible plastic caps stretch just enough for a perfect fit on square tubing and other square shapes, offering product protection or quality finishing.
- Hex plastic caps: These caps stretch just enough for a perfect fit on hex head bolts, nuts and fittings.
- Pull tab vinyl plastic caps: These units offer excellent protection from moisture and contaminants by forming a secure fit that will not fall off during shipment.
- Plastic hanger caps: The body of the hanger cap stretches just enough to apply, yet provides a strong hold and tight fit. These units include a durable moulded hanger at the end.
- Flat vinyl plastic caps: These caps provide a secure fit on handles, tools, grips and the ends of other items that need protection or appearance finishing.
- EPDM rubber masking caps: These units are chemical resistant and can operate in temperatures up to 149 degrees C (300 degrees F). In addition, these caps are reusable in many applications.
- Silicone rubber caps: These caps are ideal for powder coating and E-coating operations because they resist high temperatures up to 316 degrees C (600 degrees F). They are also ideal for chrome plating, and can be reused in many applications.
For additional information, contact MOCAP.