Food for thought: FDA-compliant material by All Custom GasketJune 14, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
When FDA-compliant material is required, All Custom Gasket has the solution — several solutions, in fact. The gasket material specialist and manufacturer offers a wide selection of FDA-compliant materials, including Buna-N, silicone, Viton, EPDM and virgin PTFE. These materials are ideal for such applications as general gasketing, skirting and countertops in the food processing, meat packing, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
All Custom Gasket’s selection includes:
- FDA-grade silicone: This low volatile and peroxide-free material will not discolour over time. It is used in a range of food and health-related applications, and is also resistant to ozone and UV. It is suited for temperatures from -70 to 200 degrees C (-94 to 392 degrees F), and has elongation of 300 per cent.
- Buna-N: This FDA-compliant material is non-toxic, non-allergenic and non-marking. To stand up to repeated food exposure, the material has good abrasion resistance and can handle oily and greasy food products. The material has a durometer rating of 60 and can be used in temperatures from -35 up to 110 degrees C (-31 to 230 degrees F).
- Viton: Available for food-related applications, Viton has a durometer rating of 72, and can be used in temperatures ranging from -25 to 250 degrees C (-14 to 482 degrees F). The material has tensile strength of 600 PSI, and elongation of 165 per cent.
- FDA-compliant PTFE: This features an extremely low coefficient of friction and outstanding resistance to chemicals and weathering. In addition, it remains stable over a wide temperature range, from -200 to 260 degrees C (-328 to 500 degrees F).
- EPDM: This FDA-compliant rubber material is used when both flexibility and ruggedness are required. It is suitable for applications that involve the transfer of oily substances. This material ranges in hardness, and is available with a durometer rating ranging from 40 to 70. It is suited to temperatures ranging from -40 to 225 degrees C (-40 to 225 degrees F). The tensile strength ranges up to 1200 PSI.
- High temperature compressed non-asbestos: This material conforms to FDA requirements and is used in high purity applications within the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. This material takes on temperatures between -212 to 271 degrees C (-350 to 520 degrees F). Inquire about Durlon, Tealon, Gylon and Top Chem today!
One stop shop
All Custom Gasket can provide a wide range of sealing products and has become known as a ”one stop shop”. The company offers services including custom fabrication, die cutting, extrusion, moulding and material prep. As a service-oriented company, All Custom Gasket works with customers to find an ideal solution to any requirement.