The food and beverage industry benefits highly from Daemar productsFebruary 5, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
For 45 years, Daemar Inc. has secured its place in the Canadian industrial landscape as a provider of components for manufacturers. One of the many sectors that the company serves is the food and beverage industry. Shaft seals, bushings, retaining rings, compression packing, and more – Daemar always has a lot of goods to offer to this demanding industry.
A high sanitary standard
Food processing can be a tough field of customers to satisfy; the work environment requires a high sanitary standard, and components must be resistant to the foods being processed, as well as to the chemicals and frequency of washdown. But clients in this sector know they can trust Daemar for high-quality, cost-effective machine components. Valves, pumps, gearboxes, motors, and conveyors in this industry commonly use Daemar seals, o-rings, bushings, retaining rings, and shim.
Daemar products that prove most useful in the food and beverage sector include:
- X-ray and Metal Detectable Seals. Daemar’s industry-specific seals are compatible with any conveyor, pipeline, or freefall detection system in the food-processing industry. They help to prevent product recall, product loss, and distribution of contaminated goods.
- Washdown Bearing Isolators. These products protect rotating equipment by keeping lubrication in and contaminants out, thus reducing the chances of machine failure and lost productivity.
- Sanitary Gaskets. These gaskets are designed to seal clamp connections in sanitary pipelines. Available in a variety of FDA compliant elastomers, fluoroelastomers and Kalrez perfluoroelastomers.
- Self-Lubricating Bearings. Daemar’s FDA- and USDA-complaint bearings offer three off-the-shelf linear bearing options.
- Braided Packing. Designed for rotating and reciprocating equipment and valves, this packing is constructed from pure PTFE yarns lubricated with a food grade break-in lubricant.
- PTFE Encapsulated Viton O-rings. These o-rings are virtually chemically inert and compression set resistant for harsh sealing environments in which corrosive fluids and gases may cause premature seal failure, thus reducing downtime and raising productivity.
- Urethane belts. Custom-fabricated to the client’s required size and supplied from cord stock, urethane belts can be bonded on site. Available in a range of durometers and diameters, depending on the application.
For more information, contact Daemar.