Flow meter’s dual rotor design offers many advantagesOctober 13, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
The Cox Exact Dual Rotor Turbine Flow Meter from Badger Meter delivers results not seen with single rotor designs. In fact, the meter’s many features and advantages make it a top choice for onboard vehicle, flight and critical applications that require highly accurate measurements.
The patented dual rotor design of the meter offers many advantages to the user, including:
- Extended measurement range: The flow measurement range is extended due to the high incidence angle on the second rotor, which results in turndowns of 120:1 on the smallest meter, and 500:1 on larger meters. This exceptional flow range allows universal viscosity curves to blend over a 60:1 turndown range, often eliminating the need for more costly manifold systems.
- High accuracy: The meter offers superior absolute accuracy with wider UVC turndown ratios.
- Quick response: Thanks to the helical rotor design, the unit offers exceptional speed-of-response and reduced pressure drop.
- Less friction: Its high-performance ceramic ball bearings provide less friction, allowing it to be used in applications involving water and hydrocarbons.
- High shock design: Internals are rigidly clamped against a step in the bore, with rod and nut torqued design.
In addition, the unit offers reliable calibrations, performed in a facility with NIST traceable standards to ensure calibration uncertainty. Another bonus is the meter's versatility. It is ideal for a wide range of applications, including OEM flight and hydraulic component testing, precision industrial blending processes, engine test cells and test stands, precision flow monitoring, on-board aerospace and automotive testing, custody transfer, correlation standards, flow transfer standard master meter, and custom flight or industrial OEM packaging.
The Cox Exact Dual Rotor Turbine Flow Meter is available in Canada from Durham Instruments, a Pickering, Ont.-based supplier of superior quality measuring instruments from world-class manufacturers. To learn more, contact Durham Instruments.