Six facts you should know about Springs & ThingsJune 3, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
It’s well known that Springs & Things is a trusted supplier of industrial springs, custom-made springs and parts with spring-like qualities. However, there may be some things about the Mississauga, Ont-based manufacturer that aren’t well known.
With that in mind, below is a list of the top six facts all customers (and potential customers) should know about Springs & Things.
1. Markets served. Springs & Things serves all markets in Canada and the U.S. The most common industries in need of the company’s services are manufacturers of custom furniture and businesses in the toy, craft and novelty market.
2. A wide variety of products. The company supplies a wide variety of custom compression springs, coiled springs, extension springs, torsion springs, spiral torsion springs, wire forms and flat springs, as well as a wide variety of parts with spring-like qualities.
3. More than just a manufacturer. Springs & Things provides spring design help, often working with entrepreneurs and owner/operators who have invented something new and need a spring to complete their product. The company has dedicated sales and design staff who can show customers how to use spring materials to cut manufacturing costs while also increasing functionality. In addition, Springs & Things can confirm performance with load and extension testing or, when necessary, more demanding testing in laboratory settings. The company also provides shot peening on parts that have to be able to resist multiple shocks and heats. It also offers product assembly and parts assembly.
4. Direct access to experts. There are no middle-men who inflate costs and extend production schedules. Instead, customers have direct access to senior sales and production staff with a total of 125 years of spring manufacturing experience.
5. Fast turnaround. The company is often able to provide quotations within 24 hours.
6. Many order options. Springs & Things can help customers meet their spring product and inventory goals with weekly or monthly orders, with push/pull releases to work with a company’s Lean strategy; production runs consisting of several million pieces; custom orders of springs; and short orders of as little as one spring.
Springs & Things delivers the high service levels you would expect from a family owned spring manufacturer, while maintaining the professionalism you want and need from a leading spring supplier.