Extreme-duty gear pump designed for longevity, serviceability and adaptabilityFebruary 11, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Designed to survive the severe challenge of liquids containing abrasives, the Gorman-Rupp G Series extreme-duty pump combines proven gear pump technology with state-of-the-art wear-resistance, making it the world’s toughest, longest-lasting gear pump. Available in cast iron with capacities to 146 GPM, pressures to 200 PSI and viscosities to 250,000 SSU, the extreme-duty pump offers many of the performance features found on all G Series pumps, as well as innovative and unique abrasion-resistant features that provide the best service life possible under many extreme wear applications.
The pump’s top six features include:
1. Wear-resistant rotor and idler: Hard, austempered ductile iron gears resist abrasive wear, extending pump life. A computer-designed gear tooth profile provides smooth, quiet pumping flow.
2. Wear-resistant pump head and housing: Critical wear areas of both the head and housing are hardened to resist wear and maintain maximum pump efficiency.
3. Carbide idler pin and idler bushing: Extremely hard carbide pin and bushing provide excellent wear resistance under the most severe abrasive applications.
4. Needle bearing shaft support: Unique, precision needle bearing provides exceptionally reliable high-load shaft support and better rotor shaft stability, extending the seal life and operational life of the pump.
5. Exclusive seal cavity design: A state-of-the-art mechanical seal sits in a tapered seal bore and extends seal life by directing abrasives away from the seal faces and out of the pump.
6. Hard face mechanical seal: Silicone carbide seal faces mounted in a highly engineered mechanical seal ensure maximum life and reliability with minimal wear.
Another bonus: the pump’s intelligent design makes servicing faster, easier and more cost-effective. A unique back pull-out design allows service and maintenance without disconnecting the pump housing from piping, while the O-ring design on the relief valve allows for adjustment during operation, without leakage.
The Gorman-Rupp G Series extreme-duty pump is available from Brampton, Ont.-based York Fluid Controls.