Energy management system by Carlo Gavazzi is compact and reliableMarch 6, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Process Instruments and Components Inc. (PIC) is Canada’s top source for industrial equipment by Carlo Gavazzi. Among the products available is the VMU-C EM system, an integrated, web-based energy management system. This modular system records, monitors, and transmits signals from an industrial installation, focusing specifically on energy efficiency.
This device is highly recommended for applications that require ease of use, scalability, data resilience, and long-term reliability.
Wired or wireless connection
The VMU-C energy management system includes a web server with a powerful, intuitive user interface for monitoring information and setting up the system. The device can transmit data with various protocols – FTP, HTTP, or Modbus TCP/IP – and through a wired or wireless connection. Its compact size, low energy consumption, and type of industrial hardware enable it to be installed in a variety of environments.
The main functions of the VMU-C include monitoring energy control systems to check energy efficiency and improvements, recording and displaying data, transmitted collected information, and managing alarms. Benefits of this energy management system from PIC include the following:
- An integrated system, combining multiple modules, in which the main module includes the web server with the user interface;
- Integrated software, with no subscriptions or additional services necessary;
- Quick, easy, and free software updates that users can download easily and install via the web interface, with no data loss or added fees;
- Communication flexibility, with the ability to transmit info through different protocols;
- Scalability, allowing users to integrate the system progressively with new modules to suit specific application requirements;
- Quick installation and set-up through the web interface;
- High level of reliability, with protection against cyberattacks and viruses, as well as data redundancy and backup tools to stop all information loss;
- High monitoring capacity, for up to 100 meters and analog/digital inputs;
- High recording capacity, able to record info and events for a system for up to three decades;
- Compact size, with a maximum module package dimension of 8-DIN; and
- Compatibility with Internet of Things (IoT).
Five designs are available, for different connections.
To learn more, contact PIC.