Employee expertise contributes to L. & M. Precision Products’ successNovember 30, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
For more than 56 years, L. & M. Precision Products has grown into a leading manufacturer of high-quality precision machined components. A big part of its continuing success is a highly skilled team of workers. L. & M. takes great pride in being an employee-owned, non-union shop with a staff that work together to make these products for many North American industries.
Comprised of multiple departments
L. & M. is 100 per cent Canadian-owned and operated by its employees. More than half of this workforce have logged at least 20 years of service with the company. With this exceptional level of employee commitment, the company cannot help but manufacture the best precision machined components on the market.
The skilled team at L. & M. is made up of multiple departments:
- Head-office management and engineering – These two teams combine their extensive expertise to produce top precision machined components. While inside-sales and customer-service reps offer prompt response to meet client needs, three professional licenced engineers provide valuable support, such as design suggestions that maximize functionality or minimize costs.
- First operations – Highly skilled machinists and operators with the experience and expertise to work with many key pieces of equipment, like Brown & Sharpe, Wickman, Davenport, Hydromat, and CNC machines.
- Secondary operations – This fully equipped and staffed department includes detail-oriented operators and setup experts who complete parts and assemblies according to exact client specifications. They are experts in machining, milling, assembly, drilling, tapping, broaching, centreless and plunge grinding, thread rolling, and more.
- Quality assurance – The company’s fully equipped quality-assurance team is made up of qualified professionals who dedicate themselves to ensuring that component production meets a high standard of quality. With automated and manual processes, this department regularly calibrates gauges, scales, and more to make sure these products are sampled correctly for quality purposes.
- Shipping – Under the leadership of the shipping manager, this department maximizes efficiency to manage customer inventory effectively, from storage to packing and delivery.
With this collective expertise, L. & M. can assure continued success for years to come.
For more information, contact L. & M. Precision Products.