Eight types of high-quality cable products are available from Bergen CableMay 9, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Bergen Cable is long established as a leader in industrial cable solutions. From custom cable assemblies and wire rope to safety and miniature cables and more, this supplier offers a wide range of products for many applications. Backed by more than 75 years of experience in the market, Bergen Cable offers solutions that have been manufactured according to the highest standards for quality, especially for the aerospace industry.
A broad variety of solutions
Cable products from Bergen can be grouped into eight categories, as follows:
- Control cable – Recommended for precise transmission of mechanical motion, with such functions as throttle control, brake control, power takeoff, release actuation, and engagement and disengagement of various systems.
- Custom cable assemblies – Bergen Cable specializes in custom cable assemblies, using a strong in-house capabilities to meet some of the most challenging customer specifications.
- Lanyards – These lanyards are perfect for applications that require prevention of worker injury and/or item loss. Bergen also recommends them for door restraint, theft prevention, and fastening tasks in the aerospace sector.
- Lock Clad cable – Bergen is one of only two organizations in the world approved to supply this type of cable. Ideal for aircraft control applications, these cable assemblies are built to minimize wear while eliminating sagging.
- Miniature cable – Commonly used for medical devices, electronics, and aircraft interiors; also recommended for applications that involve confined spaces or that require high flexibility, durability, or corrosion resistance.
- Precision-machined cable products – Bergen can produce all types of customized cable fittings and hardware with its in-house machining capabilities. This includes the most up-to-date CNC technology and more traditional equipment.
- Safety cable – Co-developed by Bergen Cable more than 30 years ago, in collaboration with General Electric. Trusted by aerospace equipment manufacturers and machinery facilities as a safer, more efficient alternative to lock wire.
- Termination bands – Bergen has been approved as a QPL manufacturer of M85049/128-3 and M85049/128-4 termination bands, used typically to attach braids or shields to back shells. Available in coiled or flat configurations.
To learn more, contact Bergen Cable.