Denso is Canada’s top source for protective outerwraps for pipelinesApril 10, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Denso North America has a longstanding reputation as a leader and innovator in anti-corrosion and sealing products for industrial use, especially for pipeline protection. Denso is also a great source for protective outerwraps that keep external corrosion coatings protected from damage during installation.
Harsh backfill or mechanical damage done during the installation phase are two things that can affect the overall performance of anti-corrosion coatings and the longevity of the coatings effectiveness.This makes Denso’s protective outerwraps an essential product for pipeline construction or other industrial sectors.
Several types of outerwraps available
Denso manufactures several different types of protective outerwraps for different applications in pipeline protection. Here are a few that are widely available in the Canadian market:
- Glass Outerwrap. A fibreglass cloth, impregnated with a water-activated resin, which the user wraps over Denso Petrolatum Tape to provide cast like protection. This glass outerwrap resists water, acid, salt, and soil organics.
- UV Glass Outerwrap. Top-grade mechanical and impact strength with long-term protection for pipes and piles above or below ground, or underwater. Provides UV stability; also resists water, acid, salt, and soil organics.
- Utility Tape. Protects Denso Petrolatum Tape for applications above and below ground. Offers good impact resistance and conformability.
- Coloured PVC Tape. Recommended for indoor colour-coding applications, to protect Denso Petrolatum Tape, as well as Denso Bitumen and Butyl Tape. Offers good impact resistance and conformability.
- Poly-Wrap. A 150-gauge wrap built out of high-performance metallocene resins. Ideal for protecting Denso Petrolatum Tape systems in applications involving straight pipes and piles, or irregular fittings and valves. Extra-strong holding force, with up to 250 per cent pre-stretch.
- Rock Shield. Recommended for protecting anti-corrosion coatings on pipelines where rocky backfill is a possibility. Absorbs the impact of uneven backfill and minimizes abrasion from underground pipe movement. Standard and Heavy Duty variations available.
About the company
Denso North America Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Winn & Coales International, a world-leading manufacturer of anti-corrosion coatings and sealing products. Denso’s Canadian headquarters are located in Toronto.
For more information, contact Denso.