Demanding jobs call for aggressive sealing solutions from All Custom GasketAugust 23, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Standard PTFE gasketing is used in a wide range of applications, but the most demanding jobs call for special high-performance PTFE gasketing materials. A range of these materials, including Gylon, Durlon and Tealon PTFE gasketing, are available from All Custom Gasket.
High-performance PTFE materials
- Designed for severe chemical service and provides superior sealability;
- Available in several varieties and colour-coded to make identification simple;
- Resistant to cold flow and minimizes creep associated with typical PTFE products;
- Options include: Gylon 3500, 3504 and 3510 for corrosive applications; Gylon 3545 for irregular surfaces and low bolt load applications with its highly compressible layers and rigid PTFE core; and HP 3560 for high-pressure service and aggressive chemicals with its perforated stainless steel core.
- Using a blend of fillers and pure PTFE resins, Durlon material offers better flexibility at low temperatures, high dielectric properties and good electrical insulation when compared to mechanical-grade PTFE;
- Tested and approved for applications with highly aggressive chemicals, as well as high purity applications (FDA requirements);
- Options include: Durlon 9000, pure PTFE resins with inorganic filler that can be cleaned for oxygen service; Durlon 9200, pure PTFE resins with barium sulfate fillers that provide resistance to chemicals, including hydrogen peroxide, nitric acid and sodium hypochlorite; and Durlon 9600, expanded PTFE for use in steel flanges and flanges where highly compressible gaskets are required.
- Each style is composed of virgin PTFE resin with various fillers, which makes them suitable for service with a wide variety of aggressive fluids.
- Options include: TF1570, filled with hollow glass micro-spheres for use with fragile flanged joints; TF1580, filled with barium sulfate for service in a wide variety of fluids, strong caustics and moderate acids; and TF1590, filled with Silica for service with high pressures and temperatures
EXPANDED PTFE JOINT SEALANT TAPE
- Made of 100 per cent pure, expanded PTFE with adhesive backing, this form-in-place sealant is ideal for worn out flanges in need of a tight seal. Some of the benefits of this sealant tape include easy installation and soft material for cutting at site. In addition, the tape conforms to FDA requirements.
Ask the staff at All Custom Gasket for the various sizes and lengths in stock and ready to ship to any site. To learn more about the high-performance PTFE gasketing materials available, visit the All Custom Gasket website.