Daemar supplies a wide variety of keystock bars for alignmentJune 11, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
For 45 years, Daemar Inc. has grown into one of Canada’s most trusted and reliable distributors of essential components for industry, with a massive inventory of products for sealing, retaining, protection, and more. This wide range of items also includes a variety of keystock bars, just one example of Daemar’s choices for alignment applications.
Keystock bars are removable bars for transmitting torque from components to a shaft; such components can include couplings, sheaves, sprockets, or gears. They lock components to shafts with corresponding keyways.
Nine keystock shapes available
Daemar supplies keystock in both metric and imperial sizes, constructed out of such materials as steel and stainless steel; bars plated with zinc are also available. They are generally available in standard lengths of 30 and 90 centimetres.
Keystock types available from the company are as follows:
- Square key stock, zinc. Ranging from 1 1/16 to 2½ inches square; 1018 carbon steel with zinc plating.
- Square key stock, unplated. Ranging from 1 1/16 to 2½ inches square; 1018 carbon steel with a plain finish.
- Square key stock, stainless. Ranging from 1 1/16 to 2½ inches square; 303 stainless steel; 316 stainless steel also available upon request.
- Square key stock, brass. Brass bar, ranging from 1 1/16 to 2½ inches square.
- Rectangular key stock. Ranging from 1/8 by 3/16 of an inch to two by 2½ inches; 1018 carbon steel with either zinc plating or plain finish; stainless and brass versions also available.
- Metric key stock. Available in 30-centimetre and one-metre lengths; built out of high-quality, zinc-plated, cold drawn steel, with cut bars.
- Stepped key stock. Designed for couplings, gears, sheaves, sprockets, and pulleys.
- Undersize tolerance barstock. Recommended for applications requiring close or undersized tolerances; ranging from 1/8 of an inch to two inches square; 1018 carbon steel with either zinc plating or plain finish.
- Machinery keys. Stocked with both ends square; 1018 carbon steel.
- Woodruff keys. Machined from 1035 steel; available from stock in 50 SAE size.
- Gib head keys. Recommended for holding pulleys and gears tightly on shafts; machined from 1018 steel.
For more information, contact Daemar.