Daemar components are ideal for applications in the marine industryDecember 5, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
When they need essential components, Canadian businesses in many industries turn to Daemar Inc. From oil and gas and agriculture to food processing, pharmaceuticals, and power generation, Daemar products serve users in a lot of important sectors. Yet another industry that relies heavily on this supplier is the marine sector. These marine components can be combined with local inventories and EDI computer-systems integration to make Daemar a valuable supply-chain partner that reduces acquisition costs.
Seals, packing, and more
Daemar’s inventory of marine components can provide sealing, retaining, alignment, and protection for many applications. The lineup goes as follows:
- Shaft seals. For lubricant retention and dust/debris exclusion. The distributor’s large selection of lip styles includes JM Clipper, and its range of lip materials depends on the fluid that the seal contacts. Protech bearing isolators, JM Clipper seals, Simrit BABSL seals, and other specialty seals available.
- Retaining rings. Daemar can offer technical expertise to help customers pick the right retaining rings for marine applications. A variety of materials is available, such as stainless steel for fluid environments.
- Caps and plugs. Caplugs manufactures protective items to prevent damage to threaded or beveled pipe ends and avoid expensive delays and downtime.
- Mechanical seals. A full range of single-spring “pusher” seals for pumps, as well as a selection of heads, seats, and spring types, depending on the operating conditions.
- Braided packing. Also known as compression packing, this material is commonly used for stuffing boxes for pumps to seal all kinds of liquids. Daemar offers the most popular styles and sizes, all made of material that meets the standards of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Bushings. When press-fit into gears or housing, these products provide a low-friction surface that requires little or no maintenance. Without any moving parts, and with options like self-lubrication, bushings are perfect for the marine sector.
In addition to these marine components, Daemar also supplies maintenance kits customized to meet specific customer requirements. These kits help to diminish downtime and ensure that all necessary components for maintenance are at hand.
For more information, contact Daemar.