Cross-linked butyl caulking tape seals the deal as an elastomeric industrial sealantOctober 9, 2014 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Cross-linked butyl caulking tape is made from a synthetic, elastomeric composite of isobutylene and isoprene.
Primed with superior flexibility and impermeability properties, Leland Industries delivers on high quality butyl caulking tape that is the go-to choice for industrial strength air and water tight sealing applications.
Caulks and sealants benefit from butyl rubber materials to provide long lasting adhesion to mechanisms and equipment requiring infallible sealing protection.
Stick around to see why having a bond with butyl sealants will be a lasting one
- Aluminum, porcelain and steel benefit from butyl caulking tape because surface joints are subject to shear between similar and dissimilar materials.
- Ideal for side and end lap sealing in between panels.
- Butyl tape is non-skinning and non-drying with 100% solid polyisobutylene cross-linked butyl properties.
- Remains flexible at low temperatures with an operating service temperature of
-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- Like a fine wine, our butyl caulking tape ages well: no bubbling, cracking or loss of adhesion to substrate after more than 1500 hours of weather exposure
Available in aluminum and black, our polyisobutylene cross linked butyl caulking tape is available in a range from 1/16” thick x 3/8” wide to 3/16” thick x 3/16” wide.
But wait…there’s more
Have a large scale application requiring advanced sealing protection? Try our butyl sealant solutions.
Classified as a general purpose adhesive, butyl sealants are ideal for sealing liner panels, as well as interior and exterior gaps.
Butyl sealants also remain flexible, stands firm against hardening and cracking under pressure. Resilient and paintable, even with latex paint, butyl sealants offer solid adhesion to aluminum and vinyl finishes.
Offered in a rainbow of colours, butyl sealants are available in white, black, dark brown, stone grey and slate blue. Looking for a specific colour? Contact Leland Industries who will customize what your little palette desires.