Centrifugal pumps offer reliability to industrial usersJanuary 29, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Reliable and low maintenance. These key words describe the lineup of centrifugal pumps available from York Fluid Controls. The Brampton, Ont.-based distributor provides pumps made by such industry-leading manufacturers as Monarch Industries and AMT Pumps.
What are centrifugal pumps?
Centrifugal pumps consist of a set of rotating vanes, enclosed within a housing or casing, used to impart energy to a fluid through centrifugal force. The pumps have two main parts: a rotating element, which includes an impeller and a shaft, and a stationary element made up of a casing (volute or solid), stuffing box and bearings. Centrifugal pumps operate using kinetic energy to move fluid utilizing an impeller and a circular pump casing.
What are the options?
York Fluid Controls’ lineup of pumps includes end suction centrifugal pumps from Monarch Industries.
- The EP Series features a rugged cast iron design suitable for a wide variety of markets, including irrigation, industrial, commercial and marine. These pumps are engineered to provide long, reliable service.
- The Monarch NE series is constructed using a thick-walled cast iron casing for maximum durability in high-pressure applications.
- The Monarch NT and NH series of frame-mounted end suction centrifugal pumps are ideal for booster, circulator and agricultural irrigation systems where either belt and pulley drive, or direct drive through a flex coupling is required.
- The Monarch ACT series features a frame-mount design for either belt or direct drive through a flexible coupling. This allows the option of connecting the pumps to the motor or engine of choice.
- The Monarch AOT series also features a frame-mount design for either belt drive or direct drive through a flexible coupling. This allows the option of connecting the AOT to an electric motor or gas engine.
For details on these and other offerings, contact York Fluid Controls.