Cable and hose carrier features IP54 protection ratingAugust 18, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Tsubaki-KabelSchlepp recently introduced its line of enclosed tube series cable and hose carriers with an IP54 rating based on independent lab test results — the only cable carrier on the market with this rating.
Known as the TKA series, the carriers protect cables from chips and contamination, even at the bracket area where most carriers fall short. This is possible because the pin-bore connection and the stroke system are completely covered, giving this carrier a smooth surface, which allows it to be chip, liquid and dirt resistant. Its three-fold stroke design system also provides it with the highest self-supporting length in its category, and gives it very high torsional rigidity.
Assembly and installation are easy thanks to the TKA’s easy-to-open covers and high retention forces during operation, which make it a great option for replacing existing carriers, the company says. Cables and hoses can be kept connected while replacing the system, keeping downtime to a minimum.
The TKA series is ideal for applications where:
- a tight cable carrier is a necessity;
- one-sided cover opening from any vantage point is desirable;
- inside subdivision is preferred;
- fixed dividers should be available;
- long travel gliding cable carrier is required; and
- the maximum carrier load does not exceed 15 kg/m.
Optional features that can be integrated into the carrier include:
- special material that provides chip protection up to 850 degrees C;
- numerous custom material types for custom applications;
- measurement scale for easy alignment of the dividers along the cover; and
- a strain relief system that can be fully integrated with brackets.
The TKA series is available in four inside heights and a wide variety of inside widths, along with an array of bend radius options.
To learn more, contact Tsubaki.