Nine benefits of pulsation dampeners and surge suppressorsNovember 26, 2014 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Positive Displacement (PD) pumps create pulsation and hydraulic shock due to the reciprocating nature of their stroking action, potentially damaging the entire pumping system. A good pulsation dampener and surge suppressor should remove virtually all hydraulic shock, enhancing the performance and reliability of fluid flow in industrial and chemical transfer applications.
There are, in fact, many benefits to a good pulsation dampener and surge suppressor. Here are the top nine:
1. Whether a piston, plunger, air diaphragm, peristaltic, gear or diaphragm metering pump, a dampener placed at the pump's discharge should produce a near steady fluid flow up to 99 per cent pulsation and vibration free;
2. Protects pipes, valves, fittings, meters and in-line instrumentation from destructive pulsations, surges, cavitation, thermal expansion and water hammer;
3. Creates steady and continuous flow when dosing, blending or proportioning additives;
4. Ensures accuracy, longevity and repeatability of in-line meters;
5. Enables uniform application of material in spraying and coating systems;
6. Reduces product agitation, foaming, splashing and degradation of product;
7. Provides liquid energy storage for emergency valve closure and other equipment shutdown;
8. Reduces overall energy cost with continuous flow, rather than start/stop flow; and
9. Operates as a reservoir for make-up fluid.
BLACOH's SENTRY Pulsation Dampeners and Surge Suppressors have all of these benefits and more. They come in sizes available for all positive displacement pumps with discharge sizes from ⅛ inches (3.18 mm) to six inches (152.4 mm). Pressure ranges up to 4,000 psi (276 bar) and temperature ranges from -51 to 205 degrees C are available from stock. Bodies are available in a full range of chemically resistant materials, and bladders are available for even the most corrosive applications.
Prevent premature pump failure, pipe breakage, product agitation and system contamination, and ensure a steady, continuous fluid flow and increased service life of all system components with a good pulsation dampener and surge suppressor.
For more information on BLACOH's SENTRY products, contact York Fluid Controls.