Six must-have actuator features that lower the cost of ownershipDecember 10, 2014 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Every manufacturer concerned with the bottom line is looking for ways to improve efficiency, reduce waste and lower the cost of ownership of their tools, equipment and products. Utilizing actuators for precise positioning of dampers and valves in process control is one way to achieve these three goals; however, not all actuators are created equal. There are certain features required to help lower that cost of ownership. HercuLine Smart Electric Actuators from Honeywell, and available through Thermo-Kinetics, have them all.
What are the six must-have features that reduce the cost of ownership?
1. Embedded information eliminates nuisance shutdowns with proactive maintenance — which saves money.
2. Non-intrusive configuration prevents contamination since the cover does not have to be removed after initial configuration. Contamination prevention is one of the features that makes these actuators so reliable.
3. Non-contact position sensing eliminates high maintenance associated with slidewire position sensing.
4. A no-burnout motor ensures that the actuator is available for control 100 per cent of the time and eliminates stall damage.
5. A rugged gear train provides years of trouble-free service with its simple and efficient steel spur gear initial drive with heavy-duty bronze worm reduction final drive.
6. The brakeless non-backdrive design eliminates friction brake wear while preventing drift under live load or overshoot.
HercuLine Electric Actuators are engineered for exceptional reliability, accurate positioning and low maintenance. Designed for very precise positioning of dampers and quarter-turn valves, they perform especially well in extremely demanding environments requiring continuous duty, high reliability and low maintenance.
Meanwhile, HercuLine Smart Actuators incorporate all of the quality and reliability features of the HercuLine actuators with the added benefits of microprocessor-based electronics. These benefits make it easier to install, set up and commission the actuator, while allowing the user to monitor the health parameters for proactive maintenance planning.
HercuLine actuators are not only designed to help users improve efficiency, reduce waste and lower cost of ownership, but they’re designed for ease of use and long life. For more information, contact Thermo-Kinetics.