Load & Force – Sensors
A variety of load & force sensors is available from Durham Instruments. For example, we supply load cells from leading manufacturers such as Interface and Measurement Specialties. Load cells use strain gauges to sense forces, and they usually consist of four strain gauges configured in a Wheatstone bridge. Also available are piezo-electric load cells for measurement of dynamic forces. We offer a range of special load cell types including miniature, low profile, dual range, calibration, multi-axis, and more. With our comprehensive selection, we can provide ideal solutions to any measurement challenge.
Load & force sensors
- Axial-torsion load cells that can measure both force and torsion in a single cell. Either channel can also be used independently.
- Beam type load cells that offer good linearity and are used for low capacity applications.
- Calibration grade low profile load cells featuring exceptional precision for calibrating other load cells. They are guaranteed to have less than 0.005 per cent non-repeatability.
- Dual range models that consist of lower and higher capacity load cells that are stacked. The lower capacity load cell has built-in overload protection. This design enables high resolution measurement at both levels of capacity.
- Low profile load cells, also known as "pancake" load cells. They are applied in a shear web design that features a very low profile, is easy to environmentally seal, and is insensitive to off-axis loads. These load cells also easily accommodate dual strain bridges for applications that require high reliability.
- Multi-axis load cells are ideal for applications that require measurement of axial load and moment loads for finding center of gravity or misalignment.
- OEM load cells used in consumer, industrial and medical applications including robotics, appliances, medical pumps and monitors, and seat occupancy detection. They feature compact size, low cost, quiet operation, high reliability, durable design, and fast response time.
Visit the Durham Instruments website for more information on the range of load cells available.
Our company has earned a reputation for our capabilities in application analysis, problem solving, and support. We have been supplying high quality measuring instrument since 1977. With our comprehensive product selection, we offer a single source for any quantitative measuring need.
We have experience meeting the unique requirements of customers in many diverse industries. Some examples include mining, forestry, medical, aerospace, packaging, transportation, and power generation.