A variety of backstop cam clutches is available from Tsubaki of Canada Ltd. Backstop cam clutches prevent reverse rotation of drive shafts. They can prevent damage to machinery and expensive equipment and are often used in conveyor systems and gear reducers. These clutches allow the inner race to overrun freely in one direction, but reverse rotation is stopped instantaneously as the clutch engages automatically. The different backstop cam clutches available include models that offer long life, high strength, simplified installation, and non-rollover designs. In addition, we can supply a range of indexing and overrunning cam clutches.
Backstop cam clutches
The different varieties of backstop cam clutches available include:
- The BR-HT series is often used for inclined conveyor and bucket elevator applications. These clutches can provide immediate backstop under high torque, and feature long service life thanks to the "lift-off" design.
- BREU series cam clutches are popular with both OEM’s and end users. They offer mounting flexibility with a wide range of mounting accessories and the capability to use keyway positions on the inner and outer race. These clutches also have a "lift-off" style cam for long life.
- BS series clutches have a cam and roller design with the low friction bearing incorporated into the cam cage. They are often used for incline conveyors as well as pumps that might experience excessive loading on the pump discharge side.
- The BS-HS series cam clutches are designed for high strength and high RPMs. They are often used for incline conveyors, bucket elevators, and large pumping systems.
- The BSEU series was designed as a user-friendly option. It features a special outer race shape that simplifies installation. These backstopping cam clutches are often used in applications with limited space.
- The TXT/CA series backstops have a non-roll over cam design to prevent reverse rotation of reducers. This design prevents damage to shafts, gears, and drivetrains.
Tsubaki of Canada Ltd. has been trusted by the Canadian market for more than 40 years. As a division of Tsubakimoto Chain Co., our products are backed by 100 years of experience and innovation. Our solutions have been proven in many applications to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
We offer a wide product selection and custom manufacturing capabilities, so we can meet the unique needs of customers in many industries. Some examples include food, mining, forestry, automotive, and manufacturing.