Gould Fasteners is a major Canadian supplier of aircraft fasteners, such as screws, inserts, rivets, latches, pins, and nuts. These products have all been built to withstand severe vibration, shock, high and low temperatures, and other extreme conditions that often come with aerospace applications. They are also recommended for applications in electronics, computers, telecommunications, the military, and industrial products.
Gould’s aircraft fasteners are ideal for any DOD, NSN, FSN, AN, MS, or NAS applications. The company’s ISO-certified quality-control program ensures that fasteners from qualified manufacturers are distributed. Following careful inspection based on a statistical methodology, any aerospace fasteners that are out of tolerance are immediately identified, rejected, and returned to the supplier for replacement.
Aircraft fasteners that are available include the following:
- Captive Panel Screws and Hardware. Captive panel screws and hardware provide an easy, cost-effective way to connect screw assemblies to removable sheet-metal panels, for a permanent attachment. They offer a strong push-out performance without loose hardware, as well as easy mounting and removal of sheet-metal panels.
- Inserts. Gould Fasteners can supply aircraft-quality inserts to MIL, NAS, and MA specifications, used to withstand vibrations. Inserts are also used in electronics and industrial applications.
- Latches. Many different styles of latches are available; these include toggle latches, which offer a quick release, or pawl latches, which provide locking under tension and quarter-turn operation.
- Nuts. Gould distributes many types of nuts, including square, hexagonal, flange, and lock nuts. Nuts are fasteners with centre holes with internal (female) threads that fit on male threads of associated bolts or screws. They are typically used to fasten machine and structural parts.
- O-rings. O-rings are used to prevent liquid movement in sealing applications. They are easy to install and are composed of durable compounds that retain their physical properties over defined periods of time. Custom seals with cross-sections up to 0.4 feet are available upon request.
- Pins. Pins from Gould Fasteners are quick to assemble and have strong holding power. Users need a straight-drilled hole to install them. Pins are both removable and reusable.
- Rivets. Rivets are headed metal fasteners constructed out of malleable material, making them ideal for joining structure or machine parts. Users insert the shanks through the aligned hole in each piece and form a head on the headless end. Many styles of rivets are available, from standard to blind.
- Screws. Gould Fasteners can supply a large range of quality aircraft screws to MS, NAS, NASM, and NA specifications from QPL manufacturers.
Gould Fasteners is a full-service distributor of all varieties of fasteners, electronic parts, and military-spec hardware since 1979. Gould Fasteners’ mandate is to provide quality products with traceability in a timely manner. Whether you need a fast quotation, information about a project, or to learn more, contact the Gould Fasteners team to assist you.