Overrunning cam clutches are available from Tsubaki of Canada Ltd. These clutches will spin freely until being called upon to lock up and drive. They are typically used in two-speed drives that are driven by an electric motor or a geared motor. When the motor drives at low speeds the clutch will engage, and at higher speeds the clutch overruns. That means the clutch can automatically switch between low and high speeds. The many different types available include clutches featuring special oil reservoirs, dust seals, and simple installation. In addition to overrunning clutches, we can supply a range of backstop and indexing models.
Overrunning cam clutches
- The BB series clutches combine a cam style clutch with a 62 series ball bearing. They are available in five models to suit different requirements for dust seals, metal shields, and keyways.
- The BUS200 series clutches are used in backstop, overrunning, and indexing applications. They have common dimensions that make them suitable for use in a variety of machinery. Usually, customers provide the inner race as part of their existing machinery.
- The MGUS/MGUS-R series offers clutches for inner or outer race overrunning and general application requirements. The MGUS-R models feature an oil-reservoir for added capacity as well as integral cooling fins.
- The OB-ON/OF series cam clutch boxes are ideal for applications that involve high speed overrunning with low-to-high speed engagement. They are often used for dual speed drives, conveyors, and energy recovery.
- The OB-SF series cam clutch boxes are suitable for applications requiring continuous high speed overrunning and high speed engagement. Some application examples are dual drive fans, induced drive fans, and energy recovery systems.
- The PBUS series clutches are general purpose models for overrunning and indexing. They come pre-lubed with synthetic grease.
- The TFS series offers sprag type clutches for press fit installation. Sprag clutches typically offer higher torque capacity than ramp & roller clutches of comparable size.
- The TSS series includes sprag clutches that are well suited to applications requiring a compact design and high speed inner race overrunning.
Tsubaki products have earned a strong reputation for quality and dependability. For instance, our pre-lubricated cam clutches offer easy installation and long life. The advantages offered by our dependable solutions include minimized downtime and maximized productivity.
We regularly serve customers from many diverse industries. Some examples include manufacturing, mining, forestry, automotive, metal processing, and water treatment.