An industry leader since 1945, The DuMONT Company manufactures precision broaches for a wide variety of industrial applications. With innovative designs and expert craftsmanship, our team is determined to increase efficiencies for both the company and for our customers. Our team members, from the engineering and milling to the sales and shipping departments, have an average of 21 years of experience, and from the first inquiries through to questions after receiving the final product, our customers are in excellent hands. We forge meaningful partnerships with clients, vendors and all stakeholders, and always provide unparalleled service.
Broach Product Line
We manufacture numerous models of broaches, each designed for specific applications. All are available in metric and imperial sizes, and as coated or uncoated.
- Keyway broach sets suit general maintenance and short run production needs. Include slotted bushings and shims.
- Push-type keyway broaches are available in multi-pass and one-pass models. Both require the appropriate bore-size guide bushing.
- Pull-type keyway broaches are designed for high volume production. Models include 500 series with threaded pull end and 600 series with notched pull end.
- Square broaches create a square hole in a previously cast/drilled round hole. Suit drive jigs, and fixtures.
- Hexagon broaches create, in one pass, a hexagon hole in a previously cast/drilled round hole.
- Round broaches generate a precision round hole in a previously cast/drilled/reamed round hole. These broaches are ideal for precise tolerances, sizing and finish. Can be furnished with variable pitch teeth.
Broach Industrial Applications
We serve numerous customers in the manufacturing and metalworking industries. Our broaches are used for research and development, prototype work and production.
Broach Manufacturing Process
We are committed to quality assurance, and our facilities in Greenfield, MA have been certified to ISO 9001 since 1994. Our production staff performs broaching and shaping operations on CNC lathes, machining centres, and slotting and shaping machines. Using our tooling system, machinists cut through and blind hole keyways, keyways in a tapered bore and shaped on splined holes. These operations can be performed while the product remains in the CNC equipment, thus increasing accuracy and saving time.