Piping Expansion Joints
A wide range of piping expansion joints is available from Northern Industrial Supply Co. (NISCO). These joints are used in a variety of different applications and environments, and we can supply a product that is tailored to meet each customer's specific requirements. They include models to suit applications ranging from standard to ultra-high movement. Using the right expansion joint can provide increased efficiency, lower costs, and improved performance. These products can also reduce stress loads, absorb shock and vibrations, and prevent pipe buckling or fracture. Our expansion joints feature exceptionally long life and fully molded corners that prevent corner failures.
Piping expansion joints
The different types of piping expansion joints available include:
- Original hand-crafted elastomeric expansion joints that are ideal for applications involving high shock and vibration.
- Hand-built pressure piping joints that use technology from the tire industry. They offer superior performance thanks to polyester tire cord and modified arch construction. They are suitable for applications with high flow velocity.
- Lightweight expansion joints that save time and money by reducing requirements for anchoring systems and reinforcement.
- Molded expansion joints that are available in EPDM, nitrile, and Teflon-lined varieties.
- Floating flange rubber expansion joints that can improve efficiency with exceptional resistance to shock and vibration.
- Vibration dampeners expansion joints that are well suited to installation on pump discharge or suction sides where turbulence is an issue.
- Molded PTFE expansion joints that feature built-in control rod units with lock nuts. This design prevents excessive axial elongation.
For more details on the range of expansion joints available, contact NISCO.
NISCO has extensive experience providing high quality solutions for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. We are the official sales representative for some of the best manufacturers in North America. In addition to standard piping expansion joints, we can supply a variety of specialty types including metallic, flue duct, and high temperature joints.
We have experience working with customers from many diverse industries and meeting their specialized requirements. Some of the markets we often serve include petrochemical, water treatment, agriculture, automotive, and foundry.