Mod-Tronic Instruments Ltd. can supply flexible heaters in many varieties. These heaters are made by Minco and are available in over 1,800 stock and standard models. They can be supplied in silicone rubber, mica, polyester, and Kapton insulations. We can provide all-in-one heater assemblies that include heaters, sensors, and flex-circuits. Custom made flexible heaters are also available to suit unique requirements. These heaters are easy to apply, yet can provide higher heat output than conventional metal-clad heaters. They have a flat design that provides excellent heat transfer, uniform heat, and long service life.
We offer Thermofoil etched-foil heaters. These photo etched heating elements feature fast warmup, superior heat transfer, uniform heat output, and long life. They are available in several varieties to suit different applications and temperatures.
- Kapton (polyimide) (200 degrees C) heaters are thin, lightweight, and offer chemical resistance. They are used for medical and aerospace applications.
- Silicone rubber (235 degrees C) heaters offer a high temperature rating for industrial use.
- All-polyimide (260 degrees C) heaters feature 50 per cent more power (80 watts per square inch) than standard Kapton heaters.
- Teflon PTFE (260 degrees C) heaters are our newest addition and are perfect for applications with caustic or corrosive chemicals.
- Mica (600 degrees C) heaters offer intense heat with up to 110 watts per square inch (17 watts per square centimeter).
- Thermofoil heater/sensors (150 degrees C) combine the benefits of a etched-foil heater's low mass with an integral RTD or thermistor.
When ordering custom designed flexible heaters, customers can specify a range of performance-enhancing options including integral sensors, profiled heat output, and irregular shapes. Also available are wire element heaters, such as the Thermal-Clear transparent heaters designed for windows, LCD's, and other shine-through applications. For more information on the many types of flexible heaters available, visit the company website.
Minco's flexible heaters are used in a wide variety of industries. Some examples include telecommunications, aerospace, defense, and medical diagnostics. The precise heating and reliability of these heaters has allowed them to be used in applications such as DNA thermocyclers, respirators, and cockpit instrumentation.
Company expertiseMod-Tronic Instruments Ltd. has been in business for over 45 years. We supply a wide variety of industrial heaters, sensors, tranducers, controls, and instrumentation from 14 leading manufacturers. We can lend our expertise to solve customers' unique challenges, and provide the best products at competitive prices.