Thermally Conductive Adhesive Systems
Master Bond Inc. features an extensive line of epoxies, silicones and elastomeric products with superb thermal conductivity for demanding electronic applications. Many of our formulations boast a thermal conductivity as high as 22-25 BTU·in/ft2·hr·°F [3.17-3.6057 W/(m·K)]. These systems are often utilized for a variety bonding, potting and encapsulation applications, including heat sink bonding, chip scale packages, BGA die heat spreader interface, power semiconductors and potting sensors. We also offer specially formulated adhesives that are designed specifically for unusual service conditions.
Typical properties of thermally conductive compounds
Our thermally conductive systems not only feature enhanced heat dissipation properties, but also superior strength characteristics, electrical insulation, cryogenic serviceability, vibration and impact resistance and chemical resistance. We also offer many adhesives that deliver outstanding electrical conductivity as well as thermal conductivity with addition of nickel, silver coated nickel and silver fillers.
Popular thermally conductive products
Master Bond continues to develop new thermally conductive adhesives that meet a wide variety of challenging application requirements. Some of our more popular thermally conductive systems include:
- EP30AN-1 has exceptionally high thermal conductivity, reliable electrical insulation properties and NASA low outgassing approval. This two part system also features robust chemical resistance and good dimensional stability.
- EP37-3FLFAO features outstanding thermal conductivity and electrical insulation properties, yet retains a high level of flexibility and superior strength properties. This system is serviceable at cryogenic temperatures down to 4K.
- FLM36 is a film adhesive that is serviceable at temperatures up to 500°F, while offering enhanced resistance to thermal cycling and thermal/mechanical shock. It differs from other heat resistant epoxies due to its toughness and its ability to provide uniform bond line thicknesses.
- Supreme 10AOHT-LO offers an excellent balance of performance properties including both high shear and peel strength. This one component epoxy is cryogenically serviceable and meets NASA low outgassing requirements.
- EP21TCHT-1 is a room temperature curing epoxy that produces tough, durable bonds that resist thermal cycling and can withstand temperatures over the wide range of 4K to 400°F.