Pipe Thread Compounds
Henkel Canada Corporation can offer a variety of pipe thread compounds that will seal and prevent corrosion on pipes and fittings. These thread sealants are simple to apply and will cure instantly. They will fill the space between threaded parts and guarantee 100 per cent sealing to prevent any leaks. Our Loctite brand sealants will prevent assemblies from seizing, helping to avoid the time, cost, and frustration that goes into repairs. We can supply thread sealing solutions in a variety of strengths. Unlike solvent-based pipe dopes, these compounds will not shrink or crack, because they are solvent free.
Some of the different types of pipe thread compounds available include:
- Loctite 545 thread sealant is ideal for fine threaded fittings such as those used in hydraulic and pneumatic systems, or any small fitting in general. It has been specially designed for high lubricity to make assembly and removal easy.
- Loctite 565 thread sealant is a controlled strength threadlocker. It was formulated specifically for use on metal tapered pipe thread fitting. It rapidly cures to accommodate pressures up to 10,000 psi.
- Loctite 561 pipe sealant is supplied in a semisolid stick form that offers convenience, portability, and less mess. This sealant is formulated for fast and reliable curing on tapered pipe threads and fittings. It offers high pressure sealing that can stand up to continuous operating temperatures ranging from -54 to 150 degrees C (-65 to 300 degrees F)
- Loctite 567 thread sealant is a general purpose, instant sealant. It is designed for tapered and straight/tapered fittings. It features resistance to high temperatures, as it can withstand up to 250 degrees C (480 degrees F)
- Loctite No More Leaks thread sealant is designed for use on plastic pipes. Unlike other Loctite thread sealants, it does not have added lubricity. This specially formulated sealant helps avoid the over-tightening of plastic joints that can cause cracked fittings. It is ideal for plastic pipe systems that carry hot or cold water.
Since our company entered the adhesives market in 1923, we have been developing innovative technologies with our customers' needs in mind. We are now a global leader in the industry and have 45 facilities throughout North America.
Our products and brands have become well known and trusted in many industries around the world. Some of the industries we have experience working with include automotive, medical, MRO, construction, industrial assembly, and energy.