Strain Measuring Instruments
Durham Instruments is the one source for all types of strain measuring instruments. We offer a range of strain gauges that includes models for many diverse applications, including everything from experimental stress analysis to transducer manufacturing. In addition, we can supply all the needed accessories and components for strain gauge installation. Strain gauges typically use a metallic foil pattern with insulating flexible backing. The stain gauge is attached to the object to be measured using adhesive. Then as the object deforms, the foil also deforms, and the strain gauge can measure changes in the foil's electrical resistance.
Strain measuring instruments
Our range of strain gauge products includes:
- Low cost strain gauges designed for structural strain measurement for civil engineering labs and other general purpose use.
- Optical strain gauges that are not affected by electromagnetic fields and are suitable for use in highly explosive atmospheres.
- Pressure measurement gauges for transient pressure measurement applications including explosions and shock waves. We offer gauges capable of capturing high pressure peaks up to 10 kBar.
- Micro strain gauges that only require a minimum amount of space. They include models with carrier sizes as small as 2 mm by 1.2 mm.
- Crack propagation gauges that use grid lines connected in parallel to determine crack propagation on a component.
Visit the Durham Instruments website for details on the many different types of strain gauges available.
We can supply strain gauge accessories including cleaning solvents, terminal strips, flux pens, and installation kits. We also offer protective coatings such as nitrile rubber, silicon rubber and silicon resin that can protect strain gauges from external effects. They include options that are suitable for high temperatures, and that can strongly adhere to virtually every material.
Durham Instruments offers a comprehensive range of high quality instrumentation and data acquisition products. To ensure we maintain our strong reputation, we only supply products from the best suppliers. For example, some of our manufacturers include Showa, Badger Meter, and HBM/SoMat.
We often serve customers from many diverse industries and help solve their unique challenges. Some markets we often work with include automation, forestry, medical, aerospace, packaging, and power generation.