Linear Position Transducers
Durham Instruments can supply a broad variety of linear position transducers. We offer models that use a range of different technologies for position measurement. Some examples include capacitive, Hall effect, inductive, laser, magneto resistive, ultrasonic, and slide gate position sensors. These sensors can also include both absolute and relative types. We only supply instruments from the best suppliers. For instance, our position sensor manufacturers include Acuity, Penny + Giles, and ADE Technologies. That's how we guarantee that every one of our products offers superior reliability, durability, and accuracy.
Linear position transducers
- Capacitive sensors such as the MicroSense product line. They feature non-contact measurement, high accuracy, fast response, and the ability to detect any conductive and grounded target.
- Hall effect sensors are transducers that use changes in magnetic field to measure position. They are often used for applications including positioning, switching, speed detection, and current sensing.
- In-cylinder sensors are designed to be mounted inside cylinders for exceptional environmental protection and positive feedback.
- Inductive sensors offer non-contact position measurement using changes in the impedance of a coil. Alternating current is sent through the coil to create a magnetic field, and the field is disrupted when an object enters it, changing the inductance of the coil.
- Laser sensors include triangulation and time-of-flight types. Triangulation sensors are ideal for applications with small distances and high accuracy requirements, while time-of-flight sensors can be used for long range distance measurements, up to many miles.
For more information on the broad range of sensors available from Durham Instruments, visit our company website.
Our company is the ideal source all types of quantitative measuring products. Our wide selection ranges from transducers and flow meters to data acquisition systems and software. We have more than 40 years of experience in the instrumentation field, and our specialists can offer solutions to any measuring problem.
We have experience supplying the right measurement products for a variety of industries and applications. Some examples include transportation, packaging, mining, forestry, manufacturing, and power generation.