Daburn Electronics & Cable stocks a large variety of insulated hookup wire. Our wire is available with a range of insulator materials so we can provide the perfect solution for your application. The conductors are made from stranded tinned copper. Whether you require flexibility and low friction or resistance to heat, chemicals, and flame, we can supply an appropriate wire. Most of our hookup wires have voltage ratings of up to 600V and temperature ratings of -55 C to 105 C. We have over 500 styles of UL certified wire and cable and we can also offer special constructions. Visit our website for more details on all our products.
We have a wide selection of insulated hookup wire. The various types of insulation used on our hookup wires include cross-linked polyethylene (XPLE), fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP), ETFE (aka: Tefzel®), irradiated PVC, copper shielded vinyl, and more.
- XLPE wire offers excellent strength and resistance to abrasion, chemicals, solvents, ozone and oxidation.
- FEP hookup wire features superior thermal stability, flexibility, and lubricity. It is suitable for immersion in gasoline, gasoline vapor, and oil at temperatures up to 80 C.
- ETFE insulated hookup wire provides high tensile and impact strength, dielectric strength, flame resistance and radiation resistance.
- Our irradiated PVC has been exposed to controlled radiation to enhance the insulation¿s resistance to abrasion, temperature, and cut-through. It will not melt, shrink back, or deform due to contact with a soldering iron.
- Our shielded vinyl wire has PVC insulation with a braided tinned copper shield and a PVC jacket. It is rated for up to 1000V and offers resistance to oil, flame, acids, alkalis, moisture and solvents.
Hookup wire expertise
Since 1964, we have been supplying a broad array of electronic products. Our company has a wire and cable division and an electronic hardware division to provide our wide selection of products. Some of the items we offer include wire, cable, heat shrinkable tubing, sleeving, cold shrinking tape, porcelain insulators, and fastening devices.
Hookup wire industries
We have hookup wires suited for industrial controls, appliance wiring, computers, motor and coil leads, transformers, lighting equipment, and more. Many of our items are suitable for the most demanding applications, and we have experience meeting military specifications.